LOBOC RIVER LUNCH CRUISE
The second phase of our Bohol Countryside tour started with a lavish lunch while cruising along Loboc River. The lunch cruise is a 45-minute sail that starts at the Poblacion of Loboc, near Loboc Church down to a small falls, named Busay falls, and back again to the starting point. It is usually integrated in Bohol Countryside tours and your driver will stop at the entrance where several cruise companies are stationed with posters of their menu and their celebrity visitors. All you have to do is select one company, pay the buffet fee and go directly to the boat. We choose Riverwatch because of its outstanding reviews in the net and recommendation from our driver.
The fee includes the payment for the cruise and a buffet lunch that caters seafoods, barbecues, vegetables and fruits. The foods are replenished immediately after the serving plates are emptied. A local serenading the visitors is also boarded in the boat.
I love eat-all-you-cans especially if it includes fruits and sea foods in their buffet. My plate was full of crabs and shrimps and I had another plate for watermelons and pineapples.
As we took our lunch, we didn’t notice that our boat was already moving until we saw the clean riverbank, the women washing their clothes and the kids swimming in the river. Touristy as you may say but this sight is remarkable especially if you are like me who grew up in the city and whose idea of a river is dirty and garbage-filled.
Before we ended our cruise, we heard a zipping sound in the air and saw people flying with above the river with the help of cables. That is our next destination….
Loboc River Cruise Charges:
- Entrance / Buffet Fee (Adults) – 400.00 Php
- Entrance / Buffet Fee (Kids) – free
- Safety Fee / Group – 10 Php
For more information about Riverwatch, you may contact them thru:
- Mobile number: 0917 – 306 – 0010 / 0917 – 382 – 2254 / 0918 – 510 – 4032
- Phone number: (038) – 537 – 9460 / (038) – 537 – 9460
- Website: http://www.lobocriverwatch.com/
LOBOC ECOTOURISM ADVENTURE PARK
A five-minute drive from Loboc River Cruise site is an ecotourism park that gives you a different vantage point of Loboc River. Loboc Ecotourism Adventure Park offers cable car and zip rides 100 meters above Loboc river.
This was my second time riding the zip line, the longest dual zipline in Bukidnon, being the first just 6 days ago. I could still remember the excitement of feeling the gushing wind in my face so I hurried towards the steep stairs heading to the launch site of the zip line. It provides a bird’s eye view of Loboc River and the boats passing through it, Busay falls and the green mountainous slopes enclosing the river.
The park has an official photographer that took pictures of the visitors as they fly through ziplines and cable cars. Soft copies may be availed for 250.oo Php/3 pictures and 100.00 Php for every additional pictures.
Loboc Ecotourism Adventure Park Charges:
- Zipline – 350.00 Php/pax
- Cable Car – 250.00 Php/pax
- All Ride (Zipline and Cable Car) – 550 Php/pax
- Combo Ride (One-way zipline & one-way cable car)- 350.00 Php/pax
For more information about Loboc Ecotourism Adventure Park, you may contact them thru their website, http://lobocboholtourism.com/rj/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:packages-adventure-park&catid=51:loboc-ecotourism-adventure-park&Itemid=54
This article is one of my 13-part Bohol travel series. For more Bohol reads, check-out these links:
- 4Days/3Nights Bohol Itinerary
- A Magnificent Welcome at Mag-aso Falls
- Delving in Dauis Church and Hinagdanan Cave
- Everything Organic at Bohol Bee Farm
- Ultimate Relaxation at Panglao Island Nature Resort and Spa
- Dumaluan Beach Resort: Affordable Bohol Accommodation
- Navigating Chocolate Hills with an ATV
- The Shiphaus, the Butterflies and the Forest
- Charmed by the Endemic Species
- Visiting Prony the Python and Quick Stop at Baclayon Church and Sandugo Site
- Triple Treat in Bohol Sea: Dolphin-Watching, Balicasag Island, and Virigin Island
- An Afternoon in Bohol Beach Club