After experiencing Chocolate hils, we moved on to the butterfly sanctuary but stopped along the way to have a photo opt at the Shiphaus.
Shiphaus is a ship-designed house of a successful mariner, Capt Gaudencio Dumapias. It is located at Poblacion Norte, Batuan, Bohol, Philippines. It was initially not a tourist attraction but because of its uniqueness, it has become an addition to Bohol’s already impressive arsenal of tourist attractions.
There is an entrance fee of 20.00 Php upon entering the house but taking the picture of the exterior of the house is free of charge.
The Shiphaus Charges:
- Entrance Fee – 20.00 Php
- Donation (for picture taking outside the house)– Optional
Simply Butterflies Conservation Center is a butterfly sanctuary located in Bilar, Bohol. The jovial guides gave us butterfly and moth trivia while punching in some jokes. They also let us hold the butterflies in every stage of their lifecycle.
Simply Butterflies Charges:
- Entrance Fee (Adults) – 50.00 Php
- Entrance Fee (Kids) – free
MAN-MADE MAHOGANY FOREST
Before going back to Loboc for our lunch, we made a quick stop at the man-made mahogany forest located at the border of Loboc and Bilar towns. Being in the middle of the road, you may feel that you are being enveloped by these colossal trees. The height of the trees provide a good backdrop for visitors taking pictures.
Man-made Forest Charges:
This article is one of my 13-part Bohol travel series. For more Bohol reads, check-out these links:
- 4Days/3Nights Bohol Itinerary
- A Magnificent Welcome at Mag-aso Falls
- Delving in Dauis Church and Hinagdanan Cave
- Everything Organic at Bohol Bee Farm
- Ultimate Relaxation at Panglao Island Nature Resort and Spa
- Dumaluan Beach Resort: Affordable Bohol Accommodation
- Navigating Chocolate Hills with an ATV
- Charmed by the Endemic Species
- Cruising and Flying Through Loboc River
- Visiting Prony the Python and Quick Stop at Baclayon Church and Sandugo Site
- Triple Treat in Bohol Sea: Dolphin-Watching, Balicasag Island, and Virigin Island
- An Afternoon in Bohol Beach Club