If ever there will be a law that mandates every province to have its own flag, Bohol will probably have Chocolate Hills on it. Chocolate Hills is group of grass-covered hills that changes its color to chocolate brown by the end of summer, thus its name. There are 1776 hills in Bohol bearing the same shape and formation. It is a geological wonder that we can only find in Carmen, Bohol.
From Dumaluan Beach Resort, we reached chocolate hills after about a couple of hours ride. Upon arriving at the Chocolate Hills Complex, we paid the entrance fee and went on to climb the 214 steps to reach the observation deck.
The viewing deck is nestled on top of one of the hills and gives you a 360-degree view of the world-renowned chocolate hills.
After savouring the beauty of Chocolate hills in the viewing deck, we proceeded to G1 ATV Motors. We hired ATVs and a buggy to experience the Chocolate hills by traversing around the scattered giant Hershey kisses with an all terrain vehicle.
G1 ATV Motors provides a guided tour around the vicinity of the Chocolate hills. They conducted a test run in their backyard for the first timers and non-drivers like me to familiarize with the ATVs before we headed to our ride around the hills.
We availed the 30-minute ATV ride that passed through Brgy. Buenos Aires, Carmen and took us to the Three Sister’s Hill. It was an exhilarating experience to be as close to the chocolate hills as possible. Roughing it out in the dirt road in between the hills isn’t exactly an idea of relaxation but adding it in the itinerary is a surefire way to bring your Bohol experience to a higher level.
Carmen Viewing Deck Charges
- Entrance Fee (Adult) – 50.00 Php
- Entrance Fee (Kids) – free
G1 ATV Motors Charges
- ATV – 400.00 Php
- Buggy (good for 2 pax) – 750.00 Php
- Brgy. Fee – 50.00 Php / vehicle
For more information about G1 ATV Motors, you may contact them thru:
- Contact Number: (0920) 556 3114
- Email Address: http://www.g1atv.com
This article is one of my 13-part Bohol travel series. For more Bohol reads, check-out these links:
- 4Days/3Nights Bohol Itinerary
- A Magnificent Welcome at Mag-aso Falls
- Delving in Dauis Church and Hinagdanan Cave
- Everything Organic at Bohol Bee Farm
- Ultimate Relaxation at Panglao Island Nature Resort and Spa
- Dumaluan Beach Resort: Affordable Bohol Accommodation
- The Shiphaus, the Butterflies and the Forest
- Charmed by the Endemic Species
- Cruising and Flying Through Loboc River
- Visiting Prony the Python and Quick Stop at Baclayon Church and Sandugo Site
- Triple Treat in Bohol Sea: Dolphin-Watching, Balicasag Island, and Virigin Island
- An Afternoon in Bohol Beach Club