White Island is strip of white sand 1.4 km off the north shore of Mambajao, Camiguin. Despite being just a lost sandbar with no shelter or trees, it has become the most famous tourist attraction in Camiguin. The sight of glistening white sand amidst green and blue waters Bohol sea is enough to draw thousands of local and foreign tourists alike.
Our driver, Kuya Frank, arranged our boat ride to White Island at 5:30 AM. We particularly chose to visit the island to marvel at its beauty on a different vantage point. After less than a 5-minute walk from Pabua Cottages and a 15-minute boat ride, we arrived in White Island.
We were the first to arrive in the island, even earlier than the island guards. Our boatman had something to do in the mainland so he left and told us to just text him when we’re done exploring the sandbar. We immediately agreed to his request knowing that we would have the island all by ourselves.
When he left, I went straight to the other side of the island taking pictures for every couple of steps I made.
I strongly recommend visitors to visit White Island during the wee hours. The burst of colors as the sun begun to peek from the ocean is truly magical. A one of a kind experience that will make you realize how beautiful every morning is.
As the sun slowly settled to its rightful place, the island guards and the visitors started to arrive in white island. We paid the 20.00 Php/person entrance fee and watched the other visitors do what we did earlier.
With nothing else to do, we just sat on one side of the island and take in the exquisite view of the island while waiting for our boatman to return.
You may also like:
- Day1P1: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin Itinerary – My First Backpacker Trip
- Day1P2: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Dinner at Kagay-anon Restaurant
- Day2P3: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – White Water Rafting
- Day2P4: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Flying through Asia’s Longest Zipline in Dahilayan Adventure Park
- Day3P5: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – The Grandeur of Maria Cristina Falls
- Day3P6: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – A Tasty Lunch at Tinago Falls
- Day3P7: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Mimbalot Falls
- Day4P8: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Giant Clam Sanctuary
- Day4P9: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Kibila White Beach
- Day4P10: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Sto. Nino Cold Springs
- Day4P11: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Bura Soda Water Park
- Day4P12: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Katibawasan Falls, Sunken Cemetery and Ardent Hot Spring
- Day4P13: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Pabua Cottages
- Day5P15: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Old Church Ruins and Walkway to Old Vulcano