After settling our things in Cagayan Park View Lodge, we asked the receptionist how to go to Limketkai Mall. When I searched for foods to eat in Cagayan de Oro, Kagay-anon Restaurant has the most number of search results so I figured, it must be a perfect way to welcome our gastronomic demands in the city of Golden Friendship.
Seeing the restaurant’s grand staircase that is similar to that of five-star hotel’s, I checked my pocket for my credit card just in case we didn’t bring enough money with us.🙂
Kagay-anon restaurant is famous for its Ostrich Salpicao. I am not an adventurous foodie but I tried…and liked it!🙂 It actually tasted like beef salpicao, but with a slight after taste in it.
We also ordered lechon kawali which is cripy and juicy at the same time.
Last, but definitely not the least is their award-winning Pinakbet. Award-winning I say because it is one of the feautured dishes in a joint project of Unilever Foodsolutions, Philippine Daily Inquirer (PDI) and Department of Tourism.
The way they served Pinakbet awed me. They served it in a squash gourd with a hollow in the middle. We didn’t order seafoods because the pinakbet already have squids and shrimps in it. You can also have it customized. We had ours with extra spice.
There weren’t many diners when we arrived but a lot of barong-wearing waiters are standing in each table. We thought they overhired waiters for a Thursday night but the number of guests increased in no time that there were even waiting patrons outside.
Despite its five-star hotel ambiance and warm service, we were surprised when we saw that the bill was comparable to that of Shakey’s or Pizza Hut.
HOW TO GET THERE:
- From Divisoria, ride a Gusa/Cagman-bound jeepney and tell the driver to drop you off In Limketkai Mall, East Entrance. Fare is 8.00PHp/pax.
- Ask the security guard where Kagay-anon Restaurant is. It is outside the mall and opposite Starbucks, Cagayan de Oro.
You may also like:
- Day1P1: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin Itinerary – My First Backpacker Trip
- Day2P3: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – White Water Rafting
- Day2P4: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Flying through Asia’s Longest Zipline in Dahilayan Adventure Park
- Day3P5: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – The Grandeur of Maria Cristina Falls
- Day3P6: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – A Tasty Lunch at Tinago Falls
- Day3P7: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Mimbalot Falls
- Day4P8: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Giant Clam Sanctuary
- Day4P9: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Kibila White Beach
- Day4P10: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Sto. Nino Cold Springs
- Day4P11: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Bura Soda Water Park
- Day4P12: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Katibawasan Falls, Sunken Cemetery and Ardent Hot Spring
- Day4P13: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Pabua Cottages
- Day5P14: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – White Island Sunrise
- Day5P15: CDO-Bukidnon-Iligan-Camiguin – Old Church Ruins and Walkway to Old Vulcano